RE: FW: Action: Replies to Glen Mazza's comments on Bookmarks

Yes, as I has started to reply to your earlier message,
internal-destination is explicitly for linking within
the fo result tree, and external-destination is for
pointing outside the fo result tree, and we cannot
mess with how {internal,external}-destination works
without screwing them up for fo:basic-link.

The external-destination property is a URI reference,
and its fragment identifier is supposed to be used to
indicate a sub-resource.  This is clearly specified
in the description of external-destination and is
completely appropriate for its use on fo:basic-link;
we don't need any additional property.

I don't know how fragment identifiers would work for
PDF bookmarks--I have not really researched or thought
it through yet--but offhand I'd say that if the value
of the "external destination" (by whatever name) for
a bookmark should be a URI reference, then the fragment
identifier concept should work, and if the value of
the "external destination" on a bookmark cannot be seen
as being a URI reference, then we probably can't be using
external-destination at all for fo:bookmark.

paul