Re: Overlapping page regions

This issue came up a while back on the FOP team [1] when we were trying
to figure out which region(s) (xsl-region-body or the side regions)
should take precedence in the case of overlap.

If I may extend Ken's question into a suggestion for the 1.1 spec, if
overlapping regions have a useful application (I'm unsure of any at the
moment), it would probably be beneficial to define which region takes
precendence, or perhaps better, to extend the "precedence" property to
xsl-region-body for the user to define the "winning" region.

Otherwise, if overlapping regions should be considered a (recoverable)
stylesheet error, then to add this to the specification instead.  In
this case, how to recover from this error (e.g., always giving a certain
region precedence), can probably be kept XSL processor-dependent.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=106330582719719&w=2