Re: Comments on XSL extensions

Dear Mr. Grosso

Please accept my apology for not responding with you sooner.

> Can you please elaborate, given user scenarios, the situation you are
> hoping to address with axf:base-uri.

This requirement for extension was proposed by an implementer who wishes to
realize the PDF environment described in a help of Acrobat:

"Base URL displays the base Uniform Resource Locator (URL) set for Weblinks
in the document. Specifying a base URL makes it easy for you to manage
Weblinks to other Web sites. If the URL to the other site changes, you can
simply edit the base URL and not have to edit each individual Weblink that
refers to that site. The base URL is not used if a link already contains a
complete URL address."

Details may be forwarded by Mr. Ishino (k16@antenna.co.jp).

Regards,
Yushi Komachi
Panasonic Communications Co., Ltd.
2-3-8 Shimomeguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo  153-8687 Japan
Phone +81 3 5434 7053,  Fax +81 3 5445 3663
Email  komachi@y-adagio.com