Re: Updated public XSL (FO) Disposition of Comments document

Le Saturday 22 February 2003 00:01, Paul Grosso a écrit:
> The public XSL (FO) Disposition of Comments document at
> http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/2003/01/FO-DoC
> has just been updated with responses to your comments.
> If you are unsatisfied with the response, please feel
> free to post another comment to xsl-editors@w3.org.
>
> Thank you for your interest in XSL FO and for your
> patience as we work our way through the comments.
>
> Paul Grosso
> for XSL FO Subgroup

Hi Paul,

Nice compilation Work.

However I'm still unhappy with the comments of one of my contribs :

No the erratum is correct. The quotes around the "string" are optional and
have been left out in the example. The enclosing single quotes ensure that
the value is interpreted as a string literal by the expression language. Note
that "url" is not a function, but a piece of syntax borrowed from CSS2.

Okay with that, but it contradicts the spec then (perharps it's just a bug in
the spec) :

At
	http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#src
one can read :
	7.28.7 "src"

	XSL Definition:

	Value:
		<uri-specification> | inherit

Please note that it does not accept a <string>, but an <uri-specification>

It's been a long time I wanted to tell you that, but I lacked time to do it.
Sorry about that.

So I think that that issue is still unclosed.

I hope it helps.

PS Most people know the stylesheets standard as "XSL-FO". I advise that it
gets reflected in the standard's title as well (currently it's "XSL").

PPS The current standard is uselessly complicated : too much exceptions, too
much special cases, not enough uniformity. I would say that it would be great
if it could evolve to become much more orthogonal in the next versions. For
example, url() and rect() should become functions like any other in next
versions. All units should be processed in an uniform way. Etc.

- --
According to a recent survey, 82% of the citizens of the
European Union are against American planned invasion of Irak.
(EOS Gallup Europe, 15,080 people aged 15+, 21st to 27th January 2003)