Re: dominant-baseline applies to block-level objects?

At 07:15 PM 6/25/2003 -0400, Glenn A. Adams wrote:

>In XSL Section 7.13.5, under description of "auto" value for
>"dominant-baseline" property the text says:
>
>"If this property occurs on a block-level formatting object..."
>
>However, the definition of the property indicates that
>dominant-baseline only applies to inline formatting objects.
>
>This appears to be inconsistent on the surface. Is there something
>I'm missing?

I agree with you. I think the problem is that only lines have baseline
alignment, but that lines do occur within block-level objects and are
affected by the baseline table for the block. Therefore, I believe that the
property should apply to block and inline formatting objects.
         Steve Z.