Re: Regarding your comment about <string> on xsl-editors

Peter,

Unfortunately, as you surmise, I doubt we would be able to make
changes such as you suggest that would make existing valid XSL
stylesheets invalid, especially for no visible benefit to the
end users.

As I indicated, the XSL FO subgroup did spend a fair amount of
time trying to weigh the various options and decided on this
compromise.  Realizing that no solution is perfect, I think we
did come up with the most workable compromise.  I hope you find
it acceptable.

paul