RE: [xsl] Re: XPath incompatibilities

At 10:02 AM +0000 1/2/02, Michael Kay wrote:
>Another
>option that's on the table is that we never interpret "<" as a lexicographic
>comparison, forcing the user to use the compare() function instead, or
>perhaps the new "lt" operator.).

That makes the most sense to me and follows the principle of least surprise.

Naive lexicographic comparison is really not something that should be
encouraged. It works, sometimes, for English-language ASCII text. It
completely falls apart (i.e. fails to do what users expect it to do)
when faced with other character sets and languages.