Re: xsl:document href attr: attr value templates?

Bob,

All attributes that are interpreted as Attribute Value Templates
are indicated as such in their syntax summary. See Section 18
on "Notation"...

[18 Notation]

  The meaning of syntax summary notation is as follows:

    (*) An attribute is required if and only if its name is in bold.

    (*) The string that occurs in the place of an attribute value
        specifies the allowed values of the attribute. If this is
        surrounded by curly braces, then the attribute value is
        treated as an attribute value template, and the string
        occurring within curly braces specifies the allowed values
        of the result of instantiating the attribute value template.

Also note section 16 in the HTML-with-change-highlights
version of the XSLT 1.1 spec that the <xsl:output> element's
syntax summary has changed to reflect that its attributes
are now interpreted as AVT's as well for consistency with
<xsl:document>.

Hope this helps.

BC4J & XSQL Servlet Development Teams, Oracle Rep to XSL WG
Author "Building Oracle XML Applications", O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp/