Re: repost/summary of some outstanding output issues for XSLT 1.1

Mike Brown wrote:

> 2. <script> and <style> elements are recommended as having output escaping
> disabled when emitted via the "html" output method, but no recommendation
> is made for "script data"-type attribute values -- attributes whose
> content model appears as %Script; in the HTML DTDs. There are too many of
> these to enumerate here, but they should be included in the
> recommendation. Again, this affects portability of stylesheets because
> processors could choose to escape attribute values with script content.

I don't agree here.  Although character references are not recognized in
"script data" elements, they are recognized in "script data" attributes
(see http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#h-6.14), so output escaping
should not be disabled in "script data" attributes.  See also
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/appendix/notes.html#notes-specifying-data .

James