Re: XML - XSL on paper

Per,

The XSL-WG has decided not to post alternate formats of interim WDs.
However, if you have Acrobat 4.0 (full version, will not work in
reader-only),
  go to the file menu,
  select "Open Web Page" and follow the prompts
    (entering the http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl at the appropriate place).

  The resultant PDF can then be saved on your machine.

If you don't have a full version of Acrobat 4.0, you can go to
www.adobe.com and follow the instructions to post it to our "Create PDF"
server, which will nicely convert it to PDF and return it to you.

One bug in both methods: The page headers and footers are quite close to
the edge of the page and are often clipped when printing the document,
unless you select "Shrink to fit page" in the print dialog when printing
from Acrobat.

---SDeach

At 10:30 2000-03-13 +0100, per.tjernstrom@setrc.mail.abb.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm just being asigned to a project thats involve XML,  XSL, JAVA and SQL
>database.
>
>I've a little experiance in XML/XSL so I need to learn more.
>
>I know it's all on the WEB but for me thats is NOT connected all the time
>it would be
>nice to be able to have it on paper.
>
>So why isn't a print-able format of XML and XSL ???
>
>Best regards
>
>Per Tjernstrom
>Adtranz
>Sweden

This e-mail reflects the personal opinion of the author.
 -- Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
    official position of Adobe Systems, Inc.
 -- Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
    official opinion of the W3C XSL Working group.
  Stephen Deach                            |  Sr Computer Scientist
  408-536-6521 (office)                    |  Adobe Systems Inc.
  408-537-4214 (fax)                       |  Mail Stop W15-424
  sdeach@adobe.com (no advertizing)        |  345 Park Ave
-