Re: Research information on XSLFO.

The most useful places I can point you are the W3C's
'www.w3.org/Style/XSL/' page and the archives of the 'xsl-list' at
'www.mulberrytech.com'.
  The inter-relationships between XSLT, XPath, and XSL (includes what is
commonly referred to as XSL-FO) is explained in the introductions to all 3
of these specifications.
  I do not have time to assist you in writing your research paper, but the
'xsl-list' is a public discussion forum on XSL. It includes a number of
members who are publishing user's guides and how-to books on XSL (and all
its components). I suggest you follow the instructions on
'www.mulberrytech.com' to add yourself to this discussion forum, then post
your questions there. (Many questions are posted with the opening "I am new
to using XSL...", and all are answered courteously.)
  I regard to when XSL (FO) will become a standard, I can only say that we
are in the process of assembling a "last call" draft. This is the draft
prior to one submitted for 'proposed recommendation', so I would expect a
vote over the next few months. (As with any committee action, the
timeframes are unpredictable.)

At 09:34 2000-02-04 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear Mr Stephen Deach,
>
> I currently follows a course of engineer, and i've got to write a
>synthesis on XSLT and XSLFO.
>Detailed informations relating to XSLFO are not very easy to find on the
>Web. While surfing on the site of the w3c, I saw that you're working on
>this file.
>
> Could you send me informations summarizing the utility, operations and
>the link with XSL of this language?
> Could you tell me if the work on XSLFO will soon lead to a
>recommendation of the W3C?
>
>Thanks a lot for your help.
>
>David Pellecuer.

This e-mail reflects the opinion of the Editor of the XSL (formatting
   objects) Specification. This is my interpretation of the
   current (majority) opinion of the portion of the XSL-WG that
   is working on formatting objects. It may not reflect the opinions
   of all members of the XSL-WG or even of all members of the portion
   of the WG that is working on the formatting objects. It is subject
   to change.
Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
official position of Adobe Systems, Inc.
  Stephen Deach                       |  Sr Computer Scientist
  408-536-6521 (office)               |  Adobe Systems Inc.
  408-537-4214 (fax)                  |  Mail Stop W15-424
  sdeach@adobe.com (no advertizing)   |  345 Park Ave
  xsl-editors@w3.org (no advertizing) |  San Jose, CA 95110-2704
                                      |  USA
---