Re: XSL- standards

The 1997 NOTE you reference was the original proposal that W3C undertake
the design of XSL. It is not (and never was) a specification of the language.

For current Drafts and Recommendations on the various components of XSL,
please consult:
   http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/
Where you will find links to the current specifications.

At 08:50 2000-06-29 GMT, Geetha Raghunath wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Ref : http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-XSL-970910
>
>There is a mention of using elements,
>target-element, rule, apply etc
>in the examples given.
>
>In the latest documentation available for XSL i
>do not find usage of these tags.
>
>The list of XSL elements(in MSDN) also dont have a mention
>of these.
>
>Is using these not recommended.
>
>Thanking you
>
>Regards
>Geetha.

This e-mail reflects the opinion of the Editor of the XSL (formatting
   objects) Specification. This is my interpretation of the
   current (majority) opinion of the portion of the XSL-WG that
   is working on formatting objects. It may not reflect the opinions
   of all members of the XSL-WG or even of all members of the portion
   of the WG that is working on the formatting objects. It is subject
   to change.
Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
official position of Adobe Systems, Inc.
  Stephen Deach                       |  Sr Computer Scientist
  408-536-6521 (office)               |  Adobe Systems Inc.
  408-537-4214 (fax)                  |  Mail Stop W15-424
  sdeach@adobe.com (no ads)           |  345 Park Ave
  xsl-editors@w3.org (no ads)         |  San Jose, CA 95110-2704
                                      |  USA
---