From: Piez, Wendell A. (Fed) <wendell.piez@nist.gov>
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2024 10:33 AM
To: Norm Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: Stein, A.J. Mr. (Fed) <alexander.stein@nist.gov>; xproc-dev@w3.org
Subject: RE: XProc and iXML

Hi Norm, Martin and group,

If this has turned into a Saxon or XML Calabash question feel free to send me off. Thanks for the hints so far!

On the Saxon documentation page for XSLT configuration https://www.saxonica.com/documentation12/index.html#!configuration/configuration-file/config-xslt some features are indeed marked as "Applies to HE" - so I guess there is hope.

But apologies for being dense, while I see an "xslt/extensionElement" element for binding extension elements (instructions), there is nothing evident for binding extension functions. (Maybe I need an example - I've also looked at the 'global` element.) And in any case those are PE/EE features and won't work under my 'unencumbered use of standard features' requirement....

Put that way I know this might be a bit of a tall order. Nevertheless I'd be grateful for any more advice or guidance. (This does work fine under Saxon-HE when I can call the initializer.) I'm a little hesitant to ask the Saxon list for a how-do-you-avoid-buying-Saxon question 😊 -- even if my users are arguably next year's Saxon customers....

Thanks, Wendell