Re: Get an merge image metadata

Frank, I suggest you look at the "viewport" compound step in XProc:
https://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#p.viewport

This step is often used to apply a pipeline repeatedly to modify parts of a
larger document, or set of documents. The viewport step is used to execute
a pipeline repeatedly; it identifies portions of a document which match a
pattern, extracts those sub-trees, and applies the sub-pipeline to them.
The result of the pipeline then replaces the original sub-tree.

In your sub-pipeline, you would be dealing with a single imagedata element;
you would use the metadata extractor step to generate the metadata
document, and then copy the width and depth metadata from the c:metadata
document to attributes of the docbook imagedata element. There are a few
ways to do a "merge" like that; my preference is usually to aggregate the
two documents being merged using the wrap-sequence step, and then use an
XSLT to generate the new imagedata document.

NB the output of the "viewport" step's sub-pipeline should be an
<imagedata> element (with dimension attributes), which will replace the
original <imagedata> element.

I've quickly written a rough draft of how this would work; I hope it's
helpful.

Conal

match="imagedata[not(@width)]"><!-- apply sub-pipeline to sub-trees which
are imagedata elements without dimension metadata -->
   <cx:metadata-extractor name="image-metadata">
   <cx:metadata-extractor>
   <!-- now merge the metadata into the subtree; personally I would wrap
the metadata and the subtree, and use an XSLT -->
currently matching sub-tree -->
   <!-- produces e.g.
   <imagedata-and-metadata>
      <imagedata href="blah.jpg"/>
      <c:metadata>
         <c:tag name="Image Width">1000 pixels</c:tag>
      </c:metadata>
   </imagedata-and-metadata>
   -->
   <!-- produces e.g.
      <imagedata href="blah.jpg" width="1000 pixels"/>
   -->

--
Conal Tuohy
http://conaltuohy.com/