Re: XProc 1.0 to 3.0 migration

As far as I know, no one has yet taken on the task of writing such an XSLT.

One problem that I see is how to leave multiline XPath expressions
intact, for example here:

https://github.com/transpect/docx2hub/blob/master/xpl/mathtype2mml.xpl#L144

In the *.xpl files of a typical transpect project, I found 101 multiline
select or match attributes. Most of them are in libraries though, so
they only need to be migrated once, for many projects.

I thought about patching xerces so that it optionally doesn't normalize
whitespace in attributes.

But it might be useful to parse the XPath expressions anyway. For
example, if the migration stylesheet tries to convert parameter ports
into parameter options, it might need to change expressions that refer
to /c:param-set documents, too. And if the XPath expressions are parsed
(including those in inline XSLT), they can be nicely indented on output.

Anyway, I hope that if someone is able to report first useful results of
their XProc migration XSLT, they will share the repo location with this
list so that we can improve it collectively.

Gerrit