Re: No-XML inputs

Wendell Piez <wapiez@wendellpiez.com> writes:
> So somewhere between xmlcalabash-1.0.3-94 and 1.0.18-95, my XProcs
> stopped working. I now get an error about a p:document failing to
> load. From the command line, the system even hangs. On breaking it I
> can see in the tb:

Can you create a test case that demonstrates the problem and create
an issue, please?

  https://github.com/ndw/xmlcalabash1/issues

> Admittedly these are very rude creatures, these XProcs. They call in
> non-XML input by accepting a runtime option (a string) they can hand
> to Saxon, which is then invited to use unparsed-text() to read them.
>
> The XProc itself never sees anything but XML - the front end of its
> input stream is given as a literal in the XProc:

I don't understand your example. The content of p:inline isn't
well formed, so I don't think the pipeline will even load.

> In general, what is the recommended practice currently when the
> primary input is not XML? I think I was playing hooky the day that was
> discussed.

Use p:data or pass it on the command line with -d-data-input:

  http://xmlcalabash.com/docs/reference/cfg.data-input.html

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation