include results of other pipeline?

From: Erik Siegel <mailing@xatapult.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:40:47 +0200
To: <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

I cant find the solution for this, maybe somebody can give me a hint?

I need to insert the contents of some other (step) into an XML document at multiple places. This insertion has parameters/options. Its like an xinclude but not inserting a straight document, instead inserting the results of a (sub)pipeline-with options.

So, for instance, in some document i have at multiple places (on different nesting-levels) an element like <insert:insert option1="..." option2="..."/>

This must call a pipeline(step) with the attributes options1 and options2 passed as its options. The results of this pipeline replace the <insert:insert> element.

I dont see how I can replace all the insert:insert elements and keep the original structure intact.

Even better would be that you can specify the name of the pipeline(step) on the insert:insert element, but I think that's a nogo anyway?

Thanks,

Erik Siegel