Re: Calabash, thread-local variables and memory leaks

Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> writes:
>   Because this is Calabash internals, I can't release them myself.
> I am not sure how we can solve this one.  Maybe by adding a method
> to release (or close) the runtime object itself, that throws away
> everything it does not need anymore, recursively, including releasing
> the thread-local variables?

What version of XML Calabash are you using? There was a bug where the
variable wasn't being freed, but I fixed that a while ago.

>   Or maybe simply by removing the thread-local variable?  I am not
> sure what it is used for.

The thread local variable is used to communicate between the runtime
object and the implementation of the function.

The problem is:

1. The class initializers have no mechanism for passing in the XProcRuntime.
2. The instances that are evaluated are constructed by cloning the objects.
3. The implementation of the functions has to be able to access the XProcRuntime.

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
Phone: +1 512 761 6676