Re: Preserving the base URI through a p:xslt transformation

Romain Deltour <rdeltour@gmail.com> writes:
>> I'm not sure either. Investigating.
>
> To clarify, the results of my own investigation are:
>
> 1. Jostein's pipeline behaves as expected.
> XSLT 2.0 says about xxl:copy-of "If the copied node is subsequently
> attached as a child to a new element or document node, the final copy
> of the node inherits its base URI from its parent node", so the
> element takes the base URI of the result document, which is the same
> as the input document, which the base URI of the inline doc hence the
> XProc document's base URI (phew!).

Right.

If you specify select="/*" on the input, you get the "right" result
because that gets you to a document base URI that's correct.

> 2. There's a bug in Calabash which does not force the base URI of the
> p:xslt result to the value of the output-base-uri option if present.

Yes. And I've reproduced that bug outside the context of XML Calabash
and sent it to saxon-help. Either there's a Saxon bug, or I'm using
the API wrong. Time will tell.

> Hopefully the results of your investigation will concur :)

Yep. Thanks, Romain!

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation