Re: XProc testing; mock steps and v.next

On 19 March 2013 23:30, Murray Altheim wrote:
> On 20/03/13 10:51, Florent Georges wrote:
>> On 19 March 2013 18:00, Romain Deltour wrote:

  Hi,

>>> [...] or even better XSpec for XProc.

>> I had such plans at some point [...]

> Don't we just need a single extension step that can be extended
> as necessary, or is there a longer set of requirements?

  I am not sure what extension step you talk about.  The goal here
would be to have a test suite format adapted to XProc, which would be
executable by an XProc test suite tool (using whatever technique).
Being able to define a mock step (or spy, or test double, or stub, or
fake, or whatever you call it) would certainly be part of the test
suite language, yes.  The way it replaces the corresponding step would
be an implementation strategy of the tool.

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/