Re: custom non-atomic steps?

On 18 July 2013 19:53, Geert Josten wrote:

  Hi,

> Clear, thnx! Interesting feature indeed. A bit like passing through any
> function to some (custom) general wrapping function. XQuery already went
> that far, just a matter of time before XSLT and XProc will follow.. ;-)

  Mmh, I am not sure to understand.  It looks to me like you're
talking about higher-order functions, but I am not sure really (sorry
if I am mislead then).  But here, we are talking about syntactic
extensibility, and XQuery does not provide anything like that.  This
looks more like a macro-level feature to me.

  PS: By the way, the XQuery and XSLT WGs defined the OHFs at the
XPath level together... :-)

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/