Re: Generating XProc/XSL with XProc/XSL

On 15 February 2012 16:50, Geert Josten wrote:

  Hi,

> We developed an XSLT that generated another XSLT which was able to
> do conversions according to the mapping expressed in XML.

  Sorry to respond only now to this quite old thread, but I think it
is worth to give this technique a name, for the archive.  Such an XML
document describing some domain-specific language/informations and
used to generate an XSLT stylesheet is called a meta-stylesheet.  If
I'm right, you should be able to google it and find more information.

  XSpec is an example of meta-stylesheets.  It defines a unit test
framework for XSLT, XQuery and (soon) XProc.  The test suites are
"compiled" into XSLT (or XQuery or XProc, depending of the suite
flavour), then "run" to actually run the tests and generate the test
report.

  The nice thing with XProc is that it can be used to chain the
transforms, which had to be done earlier through, well, shell scripts,
Makefiles or even better in documentation.  XSpec for instance comes
now with a set of pipelines to run the suites on different processors
(Calabash is used to run the pipeline, but the pipeline communicates
with other engines to test the suites).

  Just my 2 cents...

--
Florent Georges