RE: p:pipeline should make a closure over in-scope variables

That's not possible? *surprised look*

I was sure I used it in my ebook code. But after looking at my code, I see
I am passing all kinds of configs through as params. (I have some generic
mechanism to do so, which saves me from having to make a distinction
between vars with defaults, params, and options that are actually kind of
used for the same purpose: passing through configs from 'outside' the app)

Grtz