Re: Adding <!DOCTYPE html> using XProc/Calabash

I don't think that's it. It's just that the XSLT advised by Jim does not produce an XML document, if I understand correctly. The doctype output is part of the serialization, so with the xsl:text you have an XDM that does not represent a single XML document and it cannot be used with the standard p:xslt XProc step.

As far as I know there is no standard way to serialize a result with the default HTML5 doctype. It would need an extension step.

Romain.