Fwd: [saxon] Memory Leaks

Might be good to consider ThreadLocal in Calabash also ?

Xmlizer

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: [saxon] Memory Leaks
processor <saxon-help@lists.sourceforge.net>

 OK, I've been slowly convinced that ThreadLocals are more trouble than
they are worth, so I'll get rid of this one as well.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 30/04/2012 11:31, Sam (Stephen Samuel) wrote:

Great on 1481.

 The issue with the caching is not about it using up the explicitly cached
resources, its about the ThreadLocals keeping a reference to the web-app
classloader meaning the entire webapp's Class instances cannot be gc'ed
(thus leading to perm gen explosion).

 My profiler reported all three instances of ThreadLocal's being kept
around.