Re: Shadowing of variables..

On 28 November 2011 11:12, Geert Josten wrote:

  Hi,

> I see no obvious reason why to be picky about it, and require
> developers to use a p:group to shadow a variable..

> But perhaps that is just my pragmatic way of looking at it.. ;-)

  My pragmatic way of looking at it is that this prevents the compiler
to detect what is most likely an error.  I never use two variables
with the same name *at the same scope level*, and if I do that's a
typo and I want the compiler to tell me so.

  Just curious, what's the use case exactly requiring shadowing a
variable at the same level?

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/