Re: multiple source documents and xslt/xproc integration

Yes, this points to a fundamental limitation of XProc - that parameters
(and variables, and options) can only be strings - whereas the "big
tools" of XML processing (XSLT 2.0, XQuery) support XDM values!

If I understand the sitaution correctly, the "default collection
feature" is the only secure and standard-based approach how XQuery or
XSLT (used within XProc) may process more than one input document. It is
a very basic usecase, isn't it? (Just think of config files...) And
being forced to use the default collection almost always means that
queries and stylesheets must be adapted in order to be used in a pipeline...

What are the plans of the Working Group? Will this limitation be retained?

-- Hans-Juergen