Re: Attribute value templates on xproc elements

Geert Josten <geert.josten@daidalos.nl> writes:
> Has it been considered to allow attribute value templates within
> xproc elements?

Yes. I think it's a likely addition for some future V.next.

Note, however, that it won't be a complete replacement for the
existing mechanisms because the existing mechanisms allow you to
specify the context document for each expression. If we adopt some
sort of AVT rule, all AVTs will (I assume) be evaluated against the
same context document, almost certainly the document that appears on
the default readable port.

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation