RE: Problems running Calabash pipelines with oXygen 12.1

Thanks everyone for your input.

>From what I've read I cannot, currently, work around the problem with an XML catalog and I cannot rely upon the DTDs to always be available. Therefore, I'll have to plump for the:

p:unescape-markup content-type="text/html"

trick for now.



-----Original Message-----
From: George Cristian Bina [] 
Sent: 31 January, 2011 4:09 PM
To: Philip Fennell
Cc: XProc Dev
Subject: Re: Problems running Calabash pipelines with oXygen 12.1

My guess is that this is related with "Baffling error with http-request" 
recent thread - the issue is somewhere between Calabash and Saxon as the 
resolver set on Calabash does not get used by the parser used by Saxon.
If you follow into that thread you can see that I suggested a possible 
way to resolve this.

Best Regards,
George Cristian Bina
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger

On 1/31/11 3:24 PM, Philip Fennell wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem:
> With oXygen 12 I had a set of XProc pipelines that retrieved XHTML pages (p:http-request) from an application running on localhost. The pages have a standard DOCTYPE declaration before the document element:
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "">
> <html xml:lang="en" lang="en" xmlns="">
> ...
> </html>
> and all was right with the world.
> I've since (last night) updated to 12.1 and I get the following error message when I run the same pipelines:
> SystemID: C:\Users\pfennell\Projects\OECD\eoi\src\test\http-accept-chrome8.xpl
> Engine name: Calabash XProc
> Severity: error
> Description: net.sf.saxon.s9api.SaxonApiException: I/O error reported by XML parser processing null: Read timed out ( Read timed out (
> There's nothing different about the pipelines. I initially thought, when I saw the problem, that it was because I was running the tests without an internet connection (so it couldn't dereference the DTD) but the problem is there regardless of the connection. If I remove the DOCTYPE declaration from the response then the tests run quite happily.
> I tried reverting to 12.0 but to no avail I'm afraid. So, I'm not sure what's happened to my PC (Windows 7 Professional and Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_18-b07)) but it's sure not doing what it used to do, and I'm rightly disappointed too.
> I will cross check these findings with my Mac which has not been upgraded to 12.1
> Regards
> Philip Fennell
> Consultant
> Mark Logic Corporation
> E-mail:
> Mobile: +44 (0)7824 830 866

Received on Monday, 31 January 2011 17:03:21 UTC