Re: Are there any open source tools that work with xproc that convert html to well formatted text?

I've tried implementing using a p:exec call to w3m within my pipline but
without success.

HTML text is first converted to xhtml to be an input for w3m

resulting...
  <chunk>
                <head>

Then in theory the w3m would convert the xhtml to text however at the moment
it does nothing as the html content is left unchanged. I don't get any error
messages the process just keeps running following.

                source-is-xml="true"
                result-is-xml="false"
                wrap-result-lines="false">

I tinkered with paths and other options as well after reading ....
http://xprocbook.com/book/refentry-16.html but always the same no change to
the content.

Anyway I don't really know if this should work at all in the first place but
seems possible... Any ideas?

Thanks much
Alex