Re: Are there any open source tools that work with xproc that convert html to well formatted text?

I'm working with some html documents the style of which looks like say
a straight forward word document which when I tried saving as text
from firefox looked a lot like the HTML version in terms of the
spacing of the text content,, except some tables which were garbage.
So a subsection in the HTML was still easily determined to be a
subsection in the text because the presentational formatting specified
in the HTML was preserved in the text output.

I've found more success thus far identifying the different textual
elements of a text document than HTML perhaps because HTML has so many
possibilities of layouts whereas text is pretty simple thing to parse
out and identify where a table is or where a section, subsection is...

Does that make sense regarding the well formatted?

Alex

--
Alex
-----