Re: XML Calabash and Saxon 9.4

David Lee <dlee@calldei.com> writes:
> #2 is 'bad'. IMHO.
> In the Java world handling multiple versions of an API at runtime is not
> only 'hard' but inefficient.
> You'll find everywhere you need a method or class you'll instead need a
> Reflection and Object.
> Then you get into real naughtiness, IMHO.

Well, sure. So the hard part is developing that abstraction such that
I only need to do the inefficient naughtiness once.

> You forgot #3
>
> 3.  Stick with Saxon 9.3 for a while ...
>
> or maybe thats implied with #1

Yeah. Well. Except I'm interested in trying out 9.4 so maybe there's
one more 9.3 compatible release.

I can also fork the source, I suppose and as long as "git merge" does
the right thing publish two releases.

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation