From: xproc-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xproc-dev-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Cranford, Jonathan W.
Sent: Tuesday, 14 September 2010 3:35 a.m.
To: Dave; xproc-dev@w3.org
Cc: Norman Walsh
Subject: Re: Java API for Calabash

All,

With apologies for resurrecting an old thread, the approach that Dave
highlights below is exactly the approach that I took.

I recently obtained permission from my company to donate my efforts under
the same GPL+CDDL license as the rest of Calabash, so I’m sending it out to
the list for the benefit of anyone else facing a similar need.

* com.xmlcalabash.api.Facade implements a Façade pattern in front of key
Calabash classes.  The intent is to simply the interface to Calabash without
decreasing the flexibility available to the programmer.

* com.xmlcalabash.util.ErrorMessageRegistry is a utility class that reads
error messages from a configuration file already in the calabash
distribution.

* FacadeDriver is test code simply meant to demonstrate a working example of
using the Facade class.

The package names are only notional at this point; they can be moved to a
different package with ease.  The only dependency is between Facade and
ErrorMessageRegistry.

Norm, I’d be glad to assist in any additional prep work needed to integrate
these two classes into the calabash code base.

With best regards,

Jonathan Cranford
The MITRE Corporation