From: xproc-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xproc-dev-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Jostein Austvik Jacobsen
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:58 AM
To: xproc-dev@w3.org
Subject: p:load can't find missing DTD when not validating against it...

I'm trying to load an XML-file that declares a DTD in its doctype, but the
DTD isn't available. I don't need to validate against it anyway, but the
declaration is there. This doesn't work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:c="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc-step"
    version="1.0">
            <test/>

doctype-system="test.dtd"/>

Shortened down, this is the error I get:

com.xmlcalabash.core.XProcException: XProc error err:XD0011
at com.xmlcalabash.core.XProcException.dynamicError(XProcException.java:176)
Caused by: net.sf.saxon.s9api.SaxonApiException:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/jostein/Skrivebord/test.dtd (No such
file or directory)
at net.sf.saxon.s9api.DocumentBuilder.build(DocumentBuilder.java:338)
Caused by: net.sf.saxon.trans.XPathException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/jostein/Skrivebord/test.dtd (No such file or directory)
at net.sf.saxon.event.Sender.sendSAXSource(Sender.java:423)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/jostein/Skrivebord/test.dtd
(No such file or directory)

So it looks for the DTD, even though I specifically ask it not to validate
against it. Is this correct behavior?
As you can see from the output, I'm using Calabash (CLI reports version
0.9.22 although I think I've installed 0.9.23).

Best regards
Jostein Austvik Jacobsen