Re: empty arg in p:exec

Wow - this is reminiscent of Make, which distinguishes between TAB and
spaces - completely invisible to the programmer, but of critical
importance for getting your Makefile to work properly.  It's not clear
to me that there is any sort of valid use case for generating empty
arguments by splitting up multiple spaces, is there?  Maybe it was
spec'd that way to make it easier for implementers?