Re: variables in xPath statements

Hi Vojtech

Well spotted!  However, I don't think this is the primary error (I should
have posted this first):

Severity: error
a dynamic error if an XPath expression is encountered which cannot be
evaluated (because it is syntactically incorrect, contains references to
unbound variables or unknown functions, or for any other reason).

Sorry to keep shooting down your suggestions, I'm very grateful for your
input and prompt replies so far!

Thanks,
Tom