Re: Reading doctype-public and doctype-system from xsl:output

Hi Jostein,

The p:validate-with-xml-schema step can only be used to validate
against an XML Schema (see [1]). If you need to validate a document
against a DTD you would have to use the p:load step (see [2]) with the
@dtd-validate attribute. Note that if it will fail if the underlying
XML parser is not a validating parser.

Also, note that the xsl:output element in you XSLT defines
*serialization* options, which means that the XML infoset flowing
through your pipeline won't retain this information (it doesn't matter
if the XLST asks the output to be serialized with UTF8, or indented,
etc).

Hope this helps,
Romain.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#c.validate-with-xml-schema