Re: 'missed' step?

Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:

>> If you want the serialized output to be indented (or in a weird encoding
>> or anything else), you have to tell XProc or the XProc step that you want
>> it serialized that way.
>
> Yet  I don't do that 'after' the xslt 'step'?
> I do it ... globally? Is that the right word?

No, it's not global. The serialization element that I added:

requested the XProc processor to turn on indenting when (if!) it
serializes the output on the "result" port. (Note that if this
pipeline was called by another pipeline, then like the XSLT case, the
results would be passed back as a data model and serialization would
not apply.)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Use the memory of thy predecessor
http://nwalsh.com/            | fairly, and tenderly; for if thou dost