Re: Viewing intermediate results

Jim,

At 11:18 AM 4/16/2010, James Fuller wrote:
>p:log should help
>
>http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#p.log

Yes, thanks, and I was also pointed (off-list) to the very
interesting thread at
http://markmail.org/thread/a4vmdkmbagah4ydf#query:+page:1+mid:gajyfhhx5pcnftbi+state:results.

In particular, and partly since I'm using oXygen (with its excellent
support for allowing me to see stuff without writing it to disk), I'm
intrigued by Geert's suggestion in this thread that simply declaring
extra ports does the job: I expect that will be so for me.

In that case (lightbulb moment), I can simply use two different
oXygen scenarios on the same pipeline: one that shows me intermediate
results, another that doesn't. (And if I really want, a third can
serialize things.)

This is interesting stuff. I guess it makes sense that when designing
in XProc, the features of the calling environment bear largely on the
tradeoffs in the available approaches.

Cheers,
Wendell