Re: Some hints on the basics

Hi Jim,

Thanks, this helps a lot.

In diagram form, the flow is like this:

input1.xml -> A -> B -> C -> result1C.xml
input2.xml -> A -> B -> C -> result2C.xml

input1.xml + input2.xml -> aggregate.xml

aggregate.xml -> D -> resultD.xml

where A through D are all transformations.

I'm imagining p:pack gives me a way of combining result1C.xml and
result2C.xml into the input for the D process. But of course I'm not
interested in serializing these. (Only resultD.xml will be
serialized. Until, that is, I have an E, F etc. But resultD.xml would
be a reasonable file to cache, so I'm going with that for now.)

I may take you up on the offer to work it out on the list, but this
project is fitting in between many other things, so you'll have to be
patient with me. :-)

Cheers,
Wendell