Re: make-absolute-uris may match strings which are not of type anyURI ...

Thanks for clarifying this! So, if the string-value of the matched
item (element or attribute) is _not_ of type anyURI, what should the
XProc spec mandate for p:make-absolute-uris ?
a) the result is implementation defined
b) in case XPath 2.0 is supported, fn:encode-for-uri must be applied
to the string-value of the matched item, in case only XPath 1.0 is
supported the result is implementation defined.
c) the step should fail
Currently the XProc spec does not cover this case.

Regards,
Manfred