Re: Where's the parallelize step?

"Costello, Roger L." <costello@mitre.org> writes:
>>> QUESTION
>>>
>>> The identity step only allows me to connect its input port to the
>>> output of one of the parallel workflows. I'm dumping the other
>>> workflow's output. This seems rather bad. I can't think of what else
>>> to do. Can you suggest a better way to handle the merging of two
>>> parallel workflows?

> I tried that, and got this error:
>
>     Error  : Pipeline failed: err:XD0006:
>     2 documents appear on the 'source' port.
>     If sequence is not specified, or has the
>     value false, then it is a dynamic error
>     unless exactly one document appears on
>     the declared port.

That's bizarre. The source port on p:identity *does* accept a
sequence. Looks like a Calabash bug. Can you reproduce it in 0.9.8
released this morning?

> Even if it did work, what would it mean? Doesn't p:identity mean
> that the input flows unaltered to the output? Since there are two
> inputs, which one flows through to the output?

The output would be a sequence, the result from branch-1 preceding the
result from branch-2. I'm not sure what you *expect* the result of the
join to be...

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Do not seek to follow in the footsteps
http://nwalsh.com/            | of men of old; seek what they