Re: fn:collection() URI resolution and base URI in XSLT

"Florent Georges" <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> writes:
>   I can't find in the current WD how the base-URI property (of the
> static context) is initialized for an XSLT stylesheet that is
> lexically within an XProc definition.

I think the answer is that it's the base URI of the p:input element
for the stylesheet port. From 2.6.2.2:

  Base URI
    The base URI of the element on which the expression occurs.

Though I'm not sure that's as clear as it could be.

>   I would like to use fn:collection() in an XSLT stylesheet.  And I
> would like that the URI passed as argument is interpreted relatively
> to the XProc definition document.  So to be sure of the value to pass
> to fn:collection(), I should know how the base-URI is initialized.

FYI: I totally broke Saxon's fn:collection() support in 0.8.4. It'll be
fixed in 0.8.5.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | One of the great misfortunes of mankind
http://nwalsh.com/            | is that even his good qualities are