Re: with-option and other XPath Expressions - Prevent streaming from being possible (??)

My reading of both the specs and your email here conclude something
different then

-- quote
"the select="concat('section_',position())" attribute
operates on what is matched"
---

There's nothing in the add-attribute that says the select value "operates on
what is matched"
Rather it seems 'clear' to me that the value of select= is evaluated with
the input port
as its context (implying the document node) NOT with the node that the
match.

But I do agree somewhat with the last comment:

> that being said the pipeline will not work because both options
> attribute-name and attribute value are required.

Its not so much (IMHO) that they are 'required' though ... even if they are
option the same behaviour would occur.

I think this is a major, not trivial, distinction.

with-option and with-param values are calculated with the default input port
as their context,
implying the document node.  Also implying they should be (or atleast act as
if they were) calculated prior to invoking the step.   Not re-executed
within the step (atleast at any point not the document root of the input).

If this is not a correct interpretation, I'd love some help understanding.

Thank you
-David