Re: [xmlp-comments] <none>

Christoph Lupprich wrote:

> I noticed that references to RFC documents in the SOAP 1.1 specification
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/) are linking to
normos.org
> which isn't available anymore.

I don't know what the W3C rules are about maintaining or republishing W3C
Notes.  Normally, documents like Notes are archival, I think, and I don't
believe they are normally actively maintained.  That said, the SOAP 1.1
note is clearly one that is referenced actively by many people and for
more than historical reasons.  Speaking only as an individual co-author of
the Note, it makes sense to me that it be republished with the links
revised to point to appropriate copies of the RFCs.   In any case, thank
you for the comment.  I am no longer a member of the XML Protocols Working
Group, but I expect the current members will give serious consideration to
your concerns.

Noah

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

"Christoph Lupprich" <christoph@lupprich.info>
Sent by: xmlp-comments-request@w3.org
01/22/2008 06:10 AM

        cc:     (bcc: Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM)
        Subject:        [xmlp-comments] <none>

Hi there,

I noticed that references to RFC documents in the SOAP 1.1 specification
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/) are linking to normos.org
which isn't available anymore.

Kind regards,
Christoph