Re: issue 508 closed

Hervé Ruellan writes:

> I just noticed there is a small remaining problem for table 15 that
> is slightly too wide. But I don't know if it's worth the trouble fixing
it.

Part of the difficulty with Web layout is that there is no one right
answer.  Widths depend on your default font size, on your screen size if
you're browsing, or on your print scaling if you're printing.  Using my
default settings, which do tend to be a bit larger than average, table 15
is more than slightly too wide.  Only about the left-most 2/3 shows up.
Again, my settings are larger than some peoples (Firefox, with
font-size=16 points).

More to the point, I wonder whether printing has been tried, as that was
part of the original problem.  In my browser, print preview shows lots of
the tables badly clipped, and there is some residual clipping even the
reformatted ones.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street