Re: Issue 502 is closed

Hello Yves, others,

This is at this moment just a personal comment.

At 20:22 04/09/24 +0200, Yves Lafon wrote:
>On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, A. Vine wrote:
>
>[issue 502 [1] covers the points 5 and 6 of your email [2]. ]
>
>The XMLP WG decided to close issue 502 with the following resolution:
>
>point 5:
>The following text was added to section 4.2.2:
><<<
>The value of the resource attribute information SHOULD be a URI Reference
>as defined in RFC 2396 including ammendments to that definition found in
>RFC 2732.

So that means that you explicitly exclude IRIs. This is of course
not what we asked for. Any good reason for this? Without any
justification, I cannot immagine how we could agree to such
a resolution.

>point 6:
>The following text was added in section 4.1:
><<<
>URIs that are character for character identical MUST be considered equal
>when using a representation header to resolve a web reference; URIs that
>are considered equal according to the URI scheme of the URI SHOULD be
>considered equal.

This looks like nice compromizy language. But how do you guarantee
interoperability?

>Please note that the use of the Representation header does NOT mandate
>that its content is the authoritative representation of the resource. Nor
>what an application must do with it.

This seems to be orthogonal to the points above. Any reason for why
you have mentioned it here?

Regards,    Martin.