RE: resolution of issue 228

Yves,

I could be happy with this resolution depending on the actual resolution of
#227.

I actually prefer the previous text to this replacement because it is closer
to being explicit about what Web Methods may be used with the exchange
patterns we have defined so far. The resolution text implies a that a degree
of judgement is required on the part of someone (who?) that a given mep and
web method are compatible - I think judgements will differ in which case
this specifies nothing.

Alternatives are to:

a) Place the onus on a MEP specification to state what Web Methods may be
used in conjunction with that MEP for those bindings that provide both Web
Method and the given MEP (and state what Web Method (if any) is used by
default).

b) Place the onus on the Web Method feature specification to state what MEPs
a given Web Method may be use with.

c) Allow either MEP or Web Method to default in the event of
underspecification in a message exchange context (ie. Web Method used with
unspecified MEP or MEP used with unspecified Web Method).

d) Recognise that Web Method and MEP are not orthogonal and rethink the
whole business of MEP and Web Method.

I think resolution of this issue is in extricably linked to and subordinate
to the resolution of #227.

Thanks,

Stuart

http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-soap12-part2-20020626/#webmethodstatemachine