From: David Costanzo [mailto:david_costanzo@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 11:02 PM
To: nilo.mitra@ericsson.com
Subject: Typographical comments on "SOAP Version 1.2 Part 0: Primer"

Greeting Nilo,

I am slowly working my way through your excellent
document "SOAP Version 1.2 Part 0: Primer".  I have
only read up through section 2, but I have encountered
a some typographical errors.  I am new to w3.org, so I
don't know where to submit them or even if they are
appreciated.  If you have time, please direct me to a
resource where I can learn the proper procedure for
reporting non-technical issues such as mechanical
corrections that are probably not interesting to the
public mailing list.

The following comments apply to the document at:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part0/

This seems to be more recent the "editor's latest
draft".  However, many of the typos are in both
documents.

There are several inconsistent uses of the article "a"
and "an" when they precede acronyms or abbreviations
that begin with a vowel sounding letter.

* There are about ten instances of "a RPC" and three
instances of "an RPC".  To me, "an RPC" reads better.
* There are four instances of "a URI" and one instance
of "an URI".  To me, "a URI" reads better.
* There is one instance of "an URL".  To me, "a URL
reads better".

Section 2.2.2.  In the phrase "... where the purpose
appear to be ...", "appear" should be changed to
"appears".

Section 2.2.2.  In the phrase "... the RPC response is
returned in the body element of a SOAP message, with
is modelled as a ...", "with" should be "which".

Section 2.2.2.  In the phrase "... which is an
enumeration with potential values of 'confirmed', and
'pending' ...", the comma just before "and" should be
removed.

Section 2.2.2.  In the phrase "... thereby making the
RPC inependent of any underlying transfer mechanism.",
the word "inependent" should be corrected to
"independent".

Also, there were several places where a space was
missing after a hyper-linked word, joining it with the
subsequent word.  I did not note where these occurred,
 but I could keep an eye out for them as I continue to
read though the primer, if that would be helpful.

Best Regards,

David Costanzo