Re: [XML-URI] HTTP extensions framework comparison

At 10:20 AM 7/20/00 -0700, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
>If you don't want that possibility then don't use a URI space that has
>this behavior - it is up to you, see [1].

I forgot to reply to this piece.

I don't always have control over which URIs I use for namespaces.  The W3C
has already taken the (unfortunate, IMHO) stand of using URIs based on the
http scheme, and it's not like I can say "I'll just forget about XLink,
SVG, Schemas, XSLT, XML itself, and everything else from the W3C."

Worse than that, I have no control over documents people send me - I don't
look forward to arguing with partners, vendors, and everyone else over the
capitalization or non-capitalization of the domain name.

Assuming that people have significant control over the namespaces they have
to process is a fundamental mistake.

Simon St.Laurent